Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a couple questions on this
i was wondering if i could take off my oil injection and just mix my oil in the tank? would if hurt at all or do you have to have oil injection? and what kind of gas would be best for my sled its a 96 polaris xcr 600. fresh rebuild, bored over 0.040 or somthing like that couple other things done to it.

and i got a 87 polaris 340 indy sport i was wondering what kind of gas would fit best on this sled too??????? would running 91 octane be fine for both my sleds or what would you prefer?
:dunno:

·
Registered
615 Posts
91 is good and you need the oil injection for lower end if there is oil lines going to the lower end.if not you could do that but i wouldn't the oil pump is regulated from idle to wot so sometimes mixing can cause not enough oil at wot which is not good on a tripple

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
91 is good and you need the oil injection for lower end if there is oil lines going to the lower end.if not you could do that but i wouldn't the oil pump is regulated from idle to wot so sometimes mixing can cause not enough oil at wot which is not good on a tripple
okay thanks for the info bro. ill run 91 for sure. and ill stick with the oil injection. the only reason why i wanted to see if i could mix is my oil pump fell apart and i dont want to buy a new one :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts