Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just picked up a XC 700 deluxe. this is my first snowmobile so I have a couple questions. I took it out on the trails for the first time today and noticed the headlights dim down at idle but get bright when reving up or driving. is this normal or do I have some problem? also, it doesnt seem like the electronic shock control is working. The indicator gauge does nothing and I dont hear anything happen or notice any suspension changes. any ideas? other than that it ran great and I had a blast riding all day.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
the headlight surge above idle is normal. as long as it gets bright right off idle and stops. meaning not continually brighter as the RPMS go up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
check it with a multimeter , see if getting power to it from switch. Could be bad switch or controller at shock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
700 Deluxe

Try holding down the button while you are riding. Mine will not work unless the RPMs are above idle. It takes a little while for my needle on the gauge to move. Did you check the wires were they connect to the shock? That is a problem area as it is exposed to a lot of ice and snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts