Snowmobile Forum banner

got a wiring diagram for a polaris single?

• yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!:confused:
I'm trying to marry a 250 colt single into a later chassis.

I don't have a clue where the wires go, so heres what I've got and maybe I'll get lucky and some kind soul can help me out.

comming out of the motor I've got four wires, one red,one brown, and two that could be white or yellow.

I,ve got an electronics box marked Minks Electronics LR2 it has one yellow wire.

the coil has the spark plug wire and one white wire

on the brake side of the bars I've got a switch with 3 wires
yellow(or white?) red and green

on the throttle side of the bars there is the kill switch and it has two wires a white(yellow) and a red.

Any help I can Get Please drop me a line here or at
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

THANKS

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hey ecsnowmobiling, just a tip.. If you dont know anything about a thread then you dont need to tell us that:p

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Does it have spark when you pull it over? Can you start it? If so, put a meter on each wire to ground and check voltages. My guess is that the brown is a kill, the whites are AC voltage to run lights, etc. and the red is the hot to the coil.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
SEG from the sound of his post, it doesnt seem like he has the wires even hooked up yet because he doesnt know where they go.. Have you tried searching on google for a wiring diagram? I will try to find one for you and i will tell you my results if i find one.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Snow Freak said:
SEG from the sound of his post, it doesnt seem like he has the wires even hooked up yet because he doesnt know where they go..
You can start an engine on a bench if you want, just as long as the wires coming out of the engine are hooked to the coil. If they aren't, I'm sorry, I misunderstood the post. I've bench started a few engines to determinw what wires did what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help but still no luck

the wires were clipped before I got the sled

What happens if I hook all the four wires coming out of the coil,and then dissconnect till it shuts down.

Will that hurt anything? Is it worth a try?

thanks to everyone for trying..

[email protected]:rolleyes:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
As opposed to cooking anything from a short circuit, go to the dealer and get the wiring diagram for both machines. They should have service manuals with the diagrams in them at the shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts