Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
South Dakota Rider
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having my headlights blow. I traced the shorting to the yellow wire. Then, I traced that to the 6 prong plug with only 4 contact pins in the engine bay, next to the recoil. Every single one of the pins in this conector are making contact with the fram at some point. They all can complete an electrical circuit with the ground stuck to the spark plug, and a live wire touching each pin one at a time. The plug has wires form the stator and the Ignition coils.

Does this mean the stator is bad, or is there just a short somewhere? Sled runs awsome, besides a slight low end bog, just keeps blowing headlight bulbs.

Sled is a 99 700 RMK.

·
Registered
615 Posts
brown wire on stator to yellow wire should have .12 to .15 ohms brown is ground so if your getting those numbers its normal.regulator is probably bad.

·
South Dakota Rider
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was so sure it wasn't the regulator since I had just put a new one on, but I did a test and the headlights are getting 20 volts at idle. So I cleaned everything good and tried again and it still didn't work. They got a new one in the mail and I will get the bad one sent back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys...great site!
I have a question along this line....does anyone have the stator specs for a 1997 Polaris Indy 500?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts