Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping my buddy tomorrow put on a set of AAEN pipes for his 1998 Indy XLT 600 special. These will be the triple pipes instead of the stock 3-1 job. I am looking for soem good baseline jetting and carb adjustments. If anyone out there has the manual to even get the factory settings (We are in MI) this will help out tremenously (air screw, fuel screw, jets, clips). According to AAEN they said to go up 2 sizes for just the pipes or 10 sizes if you remove the airbox. Up to sizes is not hard, but it would be nice to have an idea what is in there before we stock, and also can we gut the airbox (this is an option on my AC), or when they say remove do they mean pod filters? We will no time to tune this as we are going to Tip-Up-Town right after so I want it to be a good (safe baseline), we will have extra plugs, but not extra pistons on hand. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the 1996 xlt had a 260 main when i bought aaen tripple pipes for it i put 280 mains in it and it runs great the 1998 xlt had a 270 main so maybe got with a 290 with your air srew out about 1 1/2 turns from light seat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts