Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the skid out of my 1988 Polaris indy trail and greased everything up, put in new shocks and repalced a few of the idler wheels. When the skid was out everything moved good and compressed and rebounded like it should. Now since i put the skid back in it wont compress much at all and it wont rebound once it is compressed. Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
I pulled the skid out of my 1988 Polaris indy trail and greased everything up, put in new shocks and repalced a few of the idler wheels. When the skid was out everything moved good and compressed and rebounded like it should. Now since i put the skid back in it wont compress much at all and it wont rebound once it is compressed. Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks
Try loosening the four mounting bolts that hold the suspension to the tunnel. Then try bouncing the suspension. If it moves freely, then your mounting parts are binding and need to be checked for proper assembly. If not, something in the suspension is binding, and the skid needs to be removed and checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts