Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks guys for responding about my clutch question but i found out its not running right at all i thought it was last years fuel but i drained the old out of tank, carbs and lines. and put in new stuff (92 octane)now it seems to bog down just like before and seems its running out of gas and i cant find the problem i was wondering if my fuel pump could not be giving enough fuel cause its never been rebuilt since ive had it. Or could i just need a carb rebuild even though my dad rebuilt it last year and it still had the same problem with not running right. Also the overheating light comes on right when i start it and it smokes alot. i have the airbox removed and some gas comes out the intake on the screws on the bottom

·
Registered
20 Posts
sleds are biult to run on reg gas.Higher octanes might not work right.I believe that the timing might be afected with the different grades of gas any one know this for sure?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Your carbs are A.F.U... There is a blockage somewhere. You need to pull 'em again and see if any old fuel gummed any ports, etc in the carbs. Octane will not matter in how it runs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you check your filter? Did you open up your fuel pump? Another thing to check is the float valve...1 grain of rust,sand..etc will jam it. And like S. E. G. said, you need to make sure your carbs are clean...use an air compressor to blow through all of your jets...and make double sure that everything is put together correctly. Also try draining your crank...there are two small threaded plugs under the manifold...i think you use a size 7 or 8mm...hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts