Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 96 EFI sled that was running great last week started 2nd pull all the time, this week, seems dead and wont start.
Battery is good it tested 12.6v and jumped also with a booster pack.
both sparkplug are working perfectly
fuel pump works when I jump the wires and run it on 12V.
I suspect both fuel pump relay and self shutoff relay to be working.
I poured gas in the cyclinder to make it start, it will run for 10-15 second to burn the gas then stop. when running system gets 14V and the EFI red light gives me 2 codes 21 and 22. Im guessing both injectors donc get any electricity I don't know why. Also, before when I pulled to start, 1st pull primed the engine with fuel pump 2nd pull started it, now when I pull I hear nothing happening, no noise from the fuel pump no nothing and the engine wont prime and wont start. I have no fuel leak, nothing blocking the hoses fuel flow is great when I jumped the fuel pump. I checked the wires to make sure they are all connected and not loose, nothing seems to be wrong with that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
1st off Code 21 is a mag side or recoil side injector , those can be replaced easily any injector from a RXL 650 or any year Indy 500 EFI will work fine.

Code 22 is Clutch Side Injector. Those injectors were known to go bad over time. Replace and you will be most likely okay.

Also click at the link below and go to 4.35 it is the EFI section on Polaris EFI Engines. Also section 4.58-4.61 explains the injector codes. Also the TPS must be adjusted as well over time. I actually built my own to set mine as I have a '92 Indy 500 EFI with Xtra-10 Conversion on it. When they run right they are great sleds but they do have issues. Mainly the issue with them was the computers being junk all the time and the injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright I'll try that, but also the fuel pump does not prime the engine when I pull the first time, normally it should. Maybe it's just the injectors thats why the startup sequence doesnt work proprely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts