Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys my indy classic 500 was ridding it for about an hour went threw trails offroad then engine was making a skreching sound like metal on metal what could it be then as i almost got home it bogged down then i was able to start it upaagin easy it does this skreching sound and when i rev it it will go away idel down it comes back engine runs stong can it be a water pump kinda sounds like a bad water pump sound i dont no its bugging me help

·
Registered
122 Posts
How is your coolant level? When you rev up is it before the clutch engages?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coolent level was at the top when i checked it so it hasnt leaked out is there a bearing gone????? after reving it low rev the fluid waves up and down a little

·
Registered
95 Posts
it sounds like your primary clutch needs to be serviced dissasemble your primary clutch and clean it, get some emery cloth and lightly scuff the faces of the clutch, add a new belt and your noise will go away!!!

A quick way to check that its the clutch is to spray some lube such as wd-40on the clutch while its screeching if the sound goes away theres your problem but if it doesnt you will still have to clean the clutch out cause the wd 40 will actually cause the clutch to bind up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you no when i was riding with me on it when the clutch expanded its that sound hum possible anyother help you guys are good

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
My '93 classic had/has the same problem. It would screetch after it got warmed up. I changed the belt and it pretty much went away. Haven't got to ride much since I got the carbs cleaned and adjusted right. This weekend I will though..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts