Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents...

96 Polaris RXL 650 FI.

1. Had it running only while fuel line was crimped off. We thought it was getting too much fuel, hense, I purchased a FI kit (which included a FPR) and installed today.

2. Now I'm having problems getting the injectors to fire. The only way I can get them to spurt is when I ground out some of the ECM wires for the corresponding injector.

Could this be a "trigger switch" problem like my friend suggested, or where are you guys pointing.

We've swapped 2 diff ECM's, 2 TPSs, and made sure all wires are good. She runs on ether, but that's about it.

So spark, yes. Oil, yes. Fuel, no. Suggestions on diagnosis?

Thanks,

Jon

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
See if a Polaris dealer will lend you a service manual for it. It's obviously an electrical problem that's a bit*h to troubleshoot. If the dealer's cool, he'll let you. Without it, these are very difficult.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I managed to get the injectors to fire, now it seems I'm getting too much fuel. I took that badboy down to Polaris...its pissing me off too much.

Jon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've already changed them out with other injectors. I have 2 spare injectors...doesn't want to work for me, so I'm prob just gonna burn the sled if they can't figure out the problem.

Jon

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
I've always shy'd away from EFI's. For some reason I just don't trust them. When they start to break, they seem to never run right again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts