Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I an looking at buying a polaris edge X 600 but would like to know a little bit about them first. Top speed, Hand warmers, suspension, engine ect... if anyone could tell me anything I would greatly appreciate it. :cheeky4:

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great sled with a lot of power. Top speed anywhere between 95-110 mph on the speedo depending on track size and studs. Offered with the edge suspension which is good especially for more aggressive riding. The upgrade to that is the M-10, which rebounds a little slower but offers a more plush ride. The ignition has a switch which adjusts your timing so you can run regular or premium gas. I just hit the 5000 mile mark on mine today and I still love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '02 Edge X 600 and love it. I've had it up to 95 on the GPS going across a corn field in Iowa at 40 degrees. I bet it will go faster on the right terrain at the right temp. I recommend you buy it. You will not be disappointed...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 03 edge 600 and love it. be sure to keep up on the maintenance. i bought mine used from someone who didnt know what a grease gun is. even with the couple i've had with it, its still an awesome machine.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
What year?
I had both an 02 & 03. The 02 had a technical service bulletin for adding a secondary cooler in the tunnel, longer snow flap & updated coolant bottle for an overheating issue. Polaris corrected this and added the cooler to th 03 models & up. I had the Technical Service Bulletin done. You can buy the kit from Polaris if hasn't been done if you tend to ride in low marginal conditions or ice.

Otherwise as said the Liberty 600s are bulletproof as long as they are maintained, VES cleaned, greased etc. Check the chaincase bolt for they are prone to shear. Some bored out a hole for a bigger bolt.

The M-10 skid will add weight but is a great comfortable suspension.
I had that in my 02, it was a snowcheck option.My 2003 I went with the Fox Rear suspension.
There was also a clicker upgrade you could get depending on the year along with ES & REV.
Great looking sleds imo, I have always looked back at why I sold them .....

·
Registered
176 Posts
TUNDRA - how do you check into a service bulletin? I have an 02 600 edge and would like to look into this

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
TUNDRA - how do you check into a service bulletin? I have an 02 600 edge and would like to look into this
have your dealer run the VIN, they should be able to tell you if the service was performed under warranty
BC_Dan has the best suggestion.

There use to be a great deal of info on this online when the original owner of HCS started mileage psychos that morphed into hardcoresledder. There was a tech tips link to all his old data for he owned & put crazy amts of mileage on early 2000s Polaris sleds. The links have since poofed into cyberspace since he sold his site. They were there for awhile but none of the thread links work anymore over at HCS. Sorry I cannot help more than that, but can tell you if you look under your seat in the tunnel you will know if yours was done...there will be a second cooler under there. They also gave a longer snowflap that comes on that came on the 03 x pkg sleds...the old one was short.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have an 02 Edge XCSP 700. Keep the carbs clean, keep it greased etc. and it will last. My bolt on the lower gear on the chain case side (jack shaft) sheared. I'm going to have it removed &re-tapped to a larger size. I rode a while with it like that not really knowing. I had been losing chain case oil only when riding. After discovering I was losing it while riding I opened the chain case up a discovered the sheared bolt and thats when I figured how I was losing case oil only when riding. I still have to take it apart, but I'm already figureing that the jack shaft developed play once that bolt sheared and broke the seal on that bearing on that side and thats where the oil went. So what I'm going to do is re-tap and put brand new bearing packs on both the chain case side and the clutch side. Besides that the sled is great, it's a 700 and have not been beat by many sleds going across lakes, by no means am I a speed freak but I have been suprised by the speed also beating out a number of 800s. Who really cares about that. The bottom line is they are good durable sleds. I bought the 700 because they have a bullet proof reputation and are known from what I hear to be one of Polarises best engines. So if you see a 700 you like grab it.:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
My cousin bought an Edge X 600 a couple weeks ago and he loves it. He rode it here in NW PA with a bunch of his friends and he said it's an unreal ride, and he ran right along with a 900 up here, so the sled has some power. I haven't been on it yet, but based on his satisfaction I recommend buying it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I own an 01 edge x and love it, I have had mine up to 105 on the speedo when it was about 25 degrees F out. I am looking to buy another one for my woman to upgrade from the indy 500 she currently rides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
do these sleds have good acceleration? Are they kind of boggy at the start or will they spin the track?
Nothing boggy about mine... Mine spins the track but I only have about a 3/4 inch paddle on mine right now. As for the acceleration, I was keeping up with other newer 600/800 snowmobiles trail-riding with no problems. Just make sure its got the liberty engine with the power valves.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.