Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to upgrade from a 2006 Fusion 600 HO to a 2009 Polaris Dragon 600. I love they way my Fusion handles and rides, so I am reluctant to make the switch. I haven't driven a Dragon yet, but drove my buddies 09 800 IQ and wasn't overly impressed with the handling. Is there a big difference between the Dragon and the IQ? I know the Dragon has the Walker Evans shocks and all, but am curious how they ride. I have also ridden a buddies 2011 Rush 800 Pro R and was pretty impressed, not that I can afford one of those! How does the Dragon compare to that?

·
Registered
170 Posts
thats a great topic. my buds and i relijously play w our sleds. we all have pics and set up for agressive trail\ditch. i have a 2010rev and a 09iq. in group is 2010dragon,05xc with a m10, 2 fusions,2011rush,06rev. I was conceved on a skidoo but am thinkin of joinin the DARK SIDE. If a sled isnt set up to your style of riden it could seem usless.That fusion is a great sled! but i feel iq chassy is a upgrade.Dragon to iq is a suspension upgrade but if dont fully learn about the benifits of "clicker style shocks" and how to adjust them its all for nothin. that rush rides awsum! it eats bumps"however" w proper setup and adjusted ridin style it corners good. but not like a dragon or a rev xp. fusion and 06 rev are close.but just me compairing fusion to dragon to rush. (again just my opinion for my sled goals) Im all dragon! its a great trade of bumps vs cornering.sit high vs low to ground. Plus that white dragon looks so sexy that if there were a supermodel sittin on it id tell her to GET OFF! your obstructing my view! LOL

·
Registered
170 Posts
P.s whats the deal w lack of storage on fusion? i dont even think they make a bag for it. I have to continually tell my friends "HEY, IM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND , QUIT TRYIN TO PUT YOUR JUNK IN MY TRUNK! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
thats a great topic. my buds and i relijously play w our sleds. we all have pics and set up for agressive trail\ditch. i have a 2010rev and a 09iq. in group is 2010dragon,05xc with a m10, 2 fusions,2011rush,06rev. I was conceved on a skidoo but am thinkin of joinin the DARK SIDE. If a sled isnt set up to your style of riden it could seem usless.That fusion is a great sled! but i feel iq chassy is a upgrade.Dragon to iq is a suspension upgrade but if dont fully learn about the benifits of "clicker style shocks" and how to adjust them its all for nothin. that rush rides awsum! it eats bumps"however" w proper setup and adjusted ridin style it corners good. but not like a dragon or a rev xp. fusion and 06 rev are close.but just me compairing fusion to dragon to rush. (again just my opinion for my sled goals) Im all dragon! its a great trade of bumps vs cornering.sit high vs low to ground. Plus that white dragon looks so sexy that if there were a supermodel sittin on it id tell her to GET OFF! your obstructing my view! LOL

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they are a little short on storage, barely enough room for a spare set of plugs, wrench, tow rope and a hat to wear at the watering holes!!! Thanks for the info, now I just have to talk my wife into letting me upgrade!

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
talking to the local polaris guy here he tells me they're having a lot of trouble with the '09 dragons. I don't have any personal experience with them, my buddy has a '10 dragon that I've ridden and it was pretty nice I thought.. I little tippy but just needed to get used to it.

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Outlander33-

did he say what kind of problems they are having?

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
something in the engines... I could ask him again. I don't know if it's just a certain model, or all of them... or what. I'm assuming probably the bigger engines but I really don't know, he just said generally the '09 Dragons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.