Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new to this forum, altho i've been a big part of the Opel GT forums for the last 2 years or so, altho i'm not 100 percent good with snowmobiles, i can do most, and atleast i can post in the right place!:D

i had to sell my 89 570 EX exciter that was not stock to say the least, thought i could live without a sled, and the powder if flying and i need some tracks. i have a 75 Raider Roadrunner, has some things it needs, just can't find a spark control box for it cheaply enough, its a 340 kohler engine. my military edition 44tt Raider needs points and condensers. its a 440CCW reed-valve engine. my dad rode this sled for 8 years, i redid fuel lines, throttle cable and some other little things and rode it two years, the points have been filed so many times over the years they wont keep making good contact anymore. snowmobile ignitions are nothing like those of the cars, as the point settings is what controls the timing, am i correct? its a dual point dual coil setup, and was just wondering if anybody could give me a run down on how do set the points after changing them, i'd really had to lean out a cylinder and fry the motor cuz i set a cylinder wrong.

BTW, have 340 Sprint for sale and the 75 Raider Roadrunner is also for sale.

wonder if any of you even remember Raiders, i'll post pics if anybody wants me to, the best way to explain them is either a mini tank, or a bobsled with a motor in the back and twin steel cleated tracks. they started life as military snowmobiles in alaska in the early 70's, which led to a few years of production available to the public.
thanks in advance for any input, and sorry for the lengthy post

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, the 340 has a prestolite ignition.......sorry i havent responded to my posts, i checked for a few days and nobody ever posted so assumed nobdoy would post, guess i was wrong!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did find one, 173.49, which i'm not paying. nobody else could get them tho, not even from their warehouses. thank you for checking your cataloug, be interesting to see what comes up, and if anybody in the southwest michigan area wants to make a few bucks, i'll pay fairly to set the points in the 440. they've been replaced, just not set right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts