Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 400LC, 1994 XLT SKS, 2007 IQ 600 HO, 1991 340 sport, 1990 440 sport, 1999 XC 500, 1999 XC 700
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Polaris Indy sport 440 and was wondering if you could put a small LED pod light on it. I have made a diagram with all of the wiring and parts but I haven't seen much on pod lights on a snowmobile with no battery so I was wondering if it would work with the sled and setup or what would need to be done to make it work.

Basically I would add a wire that taps into the regular, put a switch and in line fuse on that wire, than bring that wire and a ground to a rectifier and from that rectifier to a capacitor and finally the pod light.

One of the main things I was wondering if I put a 100v 470uF capacitor than will that eliminate the need for a battery or will it still need more power or a different capacitor or what.

Snowmobile led podlight1.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only thing I would is think about switching out the tail light bulbs and dash light bulbs for LEDs. That will keep your amp draw to a minimum and allow max power to the cap. If your only running one small light 470uF should have enough juice to do the trick. Biggest question is how will it like the low power output situation at idle rpm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts