Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled has been sitting for awhile.i took my exhaust off today and oil was coming out of it.like mor ethan there should be.whats wrong?id the motor ok.or is it from sitiing.been sitting for a two years.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i would say it's from sitting.

my 500 sat for two years, but it didnt have a pipe...wish it did, then i could tell you for sure. but when we did get one on, and we first ran it, a lot of gunk was coming out. im guessing it was built up inside, and had nowhere to go, but on yours, it all went into the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah, you could tell where the pip was when we drove it away after letting it idle for a while. very dark circle there.

since it's been sitting, it'd be good to clean the carbs, check over everything, etc. we just fixed what we knew was wrong on mine, then took out around the field and had to keep bringing it back in for little stuff, like the carbs. i took it easy for a little bit, but couldnt help myself and started racing a 500 and 600. i had the 500 beat the whole time, but i had to hammer everything out to kepp with the 600. we were even, so once i fix the exhaust leak, and get the c;utch to engage a bit lower, i'll have him beat.

what kind of sled is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts