Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only firing on one cylinder has good compression and spark and is getting plenty of fuel to the carbs i removed the float bowls and cleaned them as well as made sure the jets weren't plugged does anybody have any suggestions please

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one cylinder seems to run as it should but the other is not putting off any heat at all and when i give it throttle it just bogs down it almost sounds as if no air is getting through but i checked the rotary disk and it moves up and down as i rotate the crank

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one cylinder seems to run as it should but the other is not putting off any heat at all and when i give it throttle it just bogs down it almost sounds as if no air is getting through but i checked the rotary disk and it moves up and down as i rotate the crank

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one cylinder is running fine but when i give it throttle it bogs down it won't even rev enough to engage the primary

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
compression is good

yeah in both cylinders a have good compression i'm thinking it's got to be somewhere in the carbs or the rotary disk any thoughts

·
Registered
315 Posts
have you changed the plugs ? have you checked the spark plug boots? have you checked the coil?? these are all things that could contribute to your no spark issue.

·
Registered
315 Posts
just because you see spark when you pull the plugs out of the engine , does not meen you dont have an spark issue ! twist off the end of the spark plug boot make sure it is not green ! do an ohm,s test on the coils (at least the one thats not workin)
believe it or not i have them spark out of the engine and not work at all under load !!
just a few things to check!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
10-17 ohms pretty sure you put your meter in the x10 position . it says in the service
manual that it is critical that you test the coil(s) at room temperature, the reading
will vary greatly with temperature is exactly waht is says in the manual
hope that helps !! another person having a simalar problem found his spark problem
by getting an inline spark tester ( says you can get them at checker )
happy snowmobiling !!! hope to go this weekend !!:)
it says the secondary coil should be 8-16 on x1000 or (1k) setting
the secondary coil is the one directly connected to the spark plug wire

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for your time and knowledge but showtime4 just figured out my problem ended up being my rip cord apparently it contains a chip linked directly to my sled and my kids lost it playing on the sleds during the summer so i need to get a new one and have a dealer program it

·
Registered
315 Posts
darn kids anyway:) just kiddin !! i wouldn't trade mine for the world (even though they can be a real pain :))glad you finally got it figured out !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts