Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i know these big pigs are heavy as heck. but any ideas on better steering. my skins on my skis should prolly be replaced. do the skins affect steering? the sled barely feels like it wants to turn. any help would be great. thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. but if im riding and i turn to the left lets say. n the sled does not turn. unless i lean hardcore. thats a runner issue? do the skins in the skis hav ne thing to do with turnin?

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
If you are on hard-pack the runners, "bite" and give you traction. the ski skins help it slide and float on powder. If you are having trouble steering in the powder, then that is because you are not leaning enough.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
the sole purpose of ski skins is to reduce friction between the ski and snow. steel skis will stick to snow creating drag while the plastic skins will reduce the drag and flow more easily over any surface. take a piece of steel and a piece of uhmw and drag it on the ground, the difference is obvious.

steering issues can be contributed to alot of things, carbides included but usually they are considered a performance enhancer more than a correction.

suspension settings cost nothing and can and will improve handling characteristics including traction, steering effort, and steering tracking.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
^^^^^^
Nice to see you back. Thanks for that slap, It helped. Sorry about earlier.

Sorry to jack your thread, dalooboz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts