Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting confused here...

Looking for basic carbides for my 94 Indy 500 Classic Touring 2 up with plastic skis.

I am ordering them for my wifes Cat and some other stuff from Mfg supply.

So I thought I could get them from there as well. They only list them for metal skis.

So I look on Als Snowmobile, they are kind of vaigue on what they fit.

I look on Amazon for the heck of it and they list them for Camoplast skis, is that what I have? How do I tell?

Can someone recommend a site to order them from? Really dont want to spend over $50 for the pair if I dont have to

thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
check royaldistrubuting.com they have good selection and usually have somesort of chart in their catalogue to know what will fit your sled. good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Getting confused here...

Looking for basic carbides for my 94 Indy 500 Classic Touring 2 up with plastic skis.

I am ordering them for my wifes Cat and some other stuff from Mfg supply.

So I thought I could get them from there as well. They only list them for metal skis.

So I look on Als Snowmobile, they are kind of vaigue on what they fit.

I look on Amazon for the heck of it and they list them for Camoplast skis, is that what I have? How do I tell?

Can someone recommend a site to order them from? Really dont want to spend over $50 for the pair if I dont have to

thanks
JR Graham in Maine have a good selection for old sled with a selection chart. I ordered my 1990 Prowler runners from there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I will look

the problem is, no one I am finding lists a 94 Indy Touring with plastic or composite skis, they all start with 96. All they list is for metal skis

I dont know if they are the same or not. I would guess they are but i dont know for sure

although...I am on the Woodys site and it looks like they all have the same part number, metal or composite...

·
Registered
96 Posts
What are the spacing between the carbide studs?.Dennis Kirk gave me measurements from their online tech to give me proper carbides. Might help contacting them and getting an idea of what to order..

Terry at Fox power sports in Herkimer NY has a shopping cart full of Carbides. Different manufactures..No catalog #..They choose based on the stud bolt spacings on the carbides..Give him a shot..They we're charging $20.00 a pair last I knew.

Fox power sports.

5637 New York 5
Herkimer, NY 13350-3516
(315) 866-1200

http://www.foxhusqvarnamc.com/snowmobiles/index.htm

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks guys.

the problem is none list a composite ski for a 1994.

I did contact one guy who knows about this and he told me that they did not use those skis until 96 or 97 on my sled, and that I must have different skis than original

I bought the sled used, I thought everything was original on it.

I will call Fox tomorrow and see if they can hook me up.

Looks like it doesnt really matter if they are metal or composite, as long as the hold patter in the same anyway, just want to make sure I am ordering the right thing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts