Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to make my sled rap like a snocross sled, Pipe or Silencer? Both? I have been lookin for some pipes and silencers for my sled and have found very few. I have a 96" EXT 580 EFI. If someone could give me some good brands to look at that make pipes and silencers for this sled I would like that very much.

ID LIKE A LOUD RAP! Like a racer!

·
Registered
60 Posts
MBRP, RT, D&D, just do a search and a whole world will appear. I can offer for you to check your local law and club restrictions on the LOUD pipe issue. It never was a big issue were I ride until last year, the few ruined it for the many with the loud pipes and now they are going to be ticketing "excessive" noise producers.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
NOTHING WRONG WITH LOUD PIPES, JUST A LONG AS THEY ARE IN THE NEXT TOWN OVER,NOT BEHIND MY HOUSE. IT IS BEST TO ENJOY OUR HOBBY IN STEALTH THE PISSING OF LAND OWNERS THAT ALLOW TRAIL ACCESS.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
if your riding a cat definetely run with either d&d or black magic, dont bother with mbrp, their stuff is a joke compared to D&D and BM specs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have tried BM for a number of items, Heartthrob Kits, pipes,ect. I have no complaints other than I installed a SuperSingle on my 900 and I was NOT happy with the performance and fit. I had numerious conversations with TIm Berg and they were most helpful. Eventually I removed the pipe and replaced the factory pipe with a R/T canister and I am very happy with the results. Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
i heard the super singles really don't make much difference... the guys i know say that if you are gonna pipe your sled, what's the sense in the single, just put on the twins cause that is where the BIG difference is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmmmmm

shitty thing bout EFI you gotta get a chip when you get a pipe but i would get a D&D pipe and a MBRP can thats what i got and i can be herd for miles

·
Registered
17 Posts
i don't want it loud.... we get tickets up here for that. i want it to sound good but not loud....i got the black magic setup anyways...

mike

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Loud Pipes don't save lives, all they do is piss non-snowmobilers off, and since gov'ts please the majority of people, if the majority want no sleds within 10miles of their house, then there will be effectively no trails left :mad:

·
Registered
205 Posts
not all aftermarket pipes are loud, i have twin psi's on my '02 polaris 800(i luv 'em!!) and they're really very quiet. they have a beutiful sound tho, very quiet in the low end 'til you hit 6k, then they get quite a bit louder, but still, quieter than almost every aftermarket i've heard. about as loud as stock. they have AWESOME power too. a big step up from stock!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ya i was the same way i looked everywhere for a can or something for my sled so i did some diggin, i use to have a 97 powder special (carb) and i found out that i could take a can for a 98 - 99 600 sled. the only thing you got to do is move the rear mount from your old can to the front and make a new hole in the bottem, works fine. but i'd check first if it works with your sled. oh by the way i went with mbrp racing can for mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The cans have been known to decrease HP. SLP will have a pipe for your sled, if not on their website give them a call.
I bought the SLP single for my 03-900 MC, and am very happy with the performance gain. Note that if you buy a pipe, you also have to buy the high flow air box to get the best performance gain. As far as noise, the only way you guys would be able to tell I'm louder than stock is with a meter, so I can guarantee I won't be ruining anything for anybody.
DK

1 - 19 of 19 Posts