Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '97 Summit 670 which I bought 4 years ago. It came piped, ported and paddled. It runs great and has gobs of power but I really don't need the power for my sled use. The problem is that the dual pipes make it noisy as hell. I have found a single pipe & muffler for $100 that I was thinking I might put on but I am wondering if a ported head with a stock pipe will cause problems.

The other thing I am considering is going to the muffler shop & getting a chunk of pipe run along the bottom of the running board and out the back/side so i don't suck so much exhaust. Any problems with that?

·
710 Posts
Single pipe will work fine but you will have to tune your carbs and if your getting smoked out now your carbs are probably to rich anyways. You should have a broader torque range with a single pipe so that would make it easier to clutch.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
The other thing I am considering is going to the muffler shop & getting a chunk of pipe run along the bottom of the running board and out the back/side so i don't suck so much exhaust. Any problems with that?

hahaha, that is just funny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sesnopro said:

hahaha, that is just funny.
You enjoy the smell of 2 stroke exhaust burned into your nostrils and clinging to your clothes? To each his own I suppose.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
mango id say the reason he thinks its funny is because you probably shouldnt do that.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
think about it, it would kill preformance. is it that big of a problem? exhaust will build up in the pipe and get sucked back into the cylinders. the engine would get way hot. also after a while the engine would fail.

there is no better smell than race gas in the moring.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Not only that could you imagine the sound of a sled with straight pipes on it!!:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts