Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I ended up getting those two 2015 600 Adventures this summer, finally got them in the shop last week to check them out good...not much to do, just 960 miles on them, I changed out the chaincase fluid, adjusted the chains, that's pretty much it. Could not find any grease zerks even.

They sure are a lot different (harder) to work on the old edge's...!!! I can't believe how they packed stuff into the engine compartment, had to remove the muffler to adjust the chain!

Anyway, I thought I would update the maps in the PIDD, went to the site, downloaded the files, then when I plugged the thumbdrive into the sled, I kept getting a "file not found" error on the display. The files are on the thumbdrive, the display can't seem to recognize them.

The only thing I did not do by the book was the manual says to use an 8 gig thumbdrive, all I had was a 16. Does not seem like that would make any difference, but anyway...

Any tips? Never thought I would be asking this type of question regarding snowmobiles!

Later,

k

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That would be exactly the reason Dan. Been building computers since the mid '80s when I was 10 years old. Some systems just can not see a bigger drive as it is dependent on how they coded or built the software/hardware. You also need to ask if they USB drive needs to be formatted in FAT or NTFS for the Polaris Computer as that will make a difference as well. So yes find a 8gb USB drive they are still available all over the place on the cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not computer expert, but it could be that the computer can't recognize the FAT (File Allocation Table) of the bigger drive... I would try to locate an 8 gig drive just to rule that out...
Thanks Dan for the reply I will do that!

Later,

k

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be exactly the reason Dan. Been building computers since the mid '80s when I was 10 years old. Some systems just can not see a bigger drive as it is dependent on how they coded or built the software/hardware. You also need to ask if they USB drive needs to be formatted in FAT or NTFS for the Polaris Computer as that will make a difference as well. So yes find a 8gb USB drive they are still available all over the place on the cheap.
Thanks Coolhand, I will find an 8gig thumbdrive. The manual calls for FAT formatting, I did double check that...another thing the manual calls for is to save the download to the ROOT on the thumbdrive, no subfolders, I could not figure out how to do that, seems like when I download (and unzip) the files, it would always create a subfolder on the E: drive...

I'll have to keep experimenting with that once I get the 8 gig drive.

Thanks Again,

k

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That is easy, download the file to your "downloads" folder on your computer. Then unzip it into a folder, then open up another windows explorer with the usb drive inserted into the usb port take the exact file they want from that folder and drop it onto directly where the usb is listed at on the left hand side of your windows explorer. It will come up with a drive id of some odd letter but you will know which one it is. That is what they mean by dropping it exactly onto the root of the thumb-drive.

This is a basic explanation here but it shows only for Windows XP and Windows 7 but 10 is done the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts