Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start us off with a few Pics. My Sea-Ray is a 20' family unit with a 260 HP V8 chevy mill. The Kawi jet ski is mine. 120 Hp - 1100cc Triple. The Yami is my brothers ( with me on it in both pics) ( yea I know I'm old) It has a 155 Hp 1200 Triple. It is a 70 MPH unit. ( thats smoking for the water ) I also have a small Yamaha 500 cc waverunner ( no pic - go figure ) and the shooter boat , a 14' Alumacraft with a 9.9 Hp Evinrude. ( My favorite fishing boat - also no Pics ). We also have a 10' Hydroplane that we are shopping for a motor to complete it. It is a true Tunnel Hull - should be cool and fun. I will get some pics of that when we dig it out of the barn. See ya on the Lakes

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i'll see if i can dig out some pics of mine, only had it a couple years, if not early summer i'll get some on here.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ncie unit man, how many horse is it? You do any skiing or wakeboarding?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
oh ya, details, completely forgot :D

it's a 2002 Grew 174 (though only 16"6 long) with a 115hp Mercury two-stroke

My cousins/neighbours at my cottage just got the same model boat, but has been enlarged a bit too handle a 125hp
(so they're getting 2004 Grew 174 with a 125 Mercury two-stroke)

Top speed is 51.5mph (according to analog speedo)

Wakeboarding? not really
skiing/tubing/kneeboarding? hell ya

It will pull one 200lb wakeboarder up with 3 people in the boat, but not two wakeboarders. 3 people is the most it will pull tubing. Kneeboarding has been done easily with 3 people

Those mercs have torque :D

Now that my cousin has a boat, I'll definetly get some good pics of this baby flying across the water with the motor trimmed up lots :D (It's a sight too see, only about 3 feet of the boat is in the water)

Can't wait for this summer

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
awesome, i wanna try wakeboarding so bad this year, and hopefully do some double kneeboarding. Tubing great but boarding is another story :D. Nice boat man

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I have tried wakeboarding before and i think it is hard as hell but i was also being pulled by a polaris waverunner so it was harder. but tuding kneeboarding and water skiiing is fun too

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
thats not a rooster tail :rolleyes: ...all you did was raise your out drive and give it some gas. if you want a real rooster tail, here is an example

Attachments

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
we have different definitions of rooster tails.....I call that a "spray" LOL

hmm....I'll have to get a pic of my boat doing a "real" rooster tail...won't be that big though :p

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i would call indy's rooster tail a roostertail. and your's a spray. your's is wider, and not as neat (as in keeping it in line) both are effective, like a sniper (his) and the artillary (yours) when it comes to getting the person behind you, wet.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
yeah, either way...you get alot of attention on the water:cool:

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
G-force's tail is more of a fanned out Turkey or Peacock version. Must be on plane for a Rooster tail. I had a ski-boat 25 years ago-top of the line in its day ( 1978 20'Checkmate w/200Hp V6 ) . I could drown the person at the back of a 75' ski rope. My brother was pissed afterwards, said the water was hitting him so hard it hurt. I said why did you stay in the middle of the wake , fool as I was laughing my rear off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts