Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem, I picked up a 1995 Phazer II longtrack in great shape with a spun crankshaft bearing, one of my buddies gave ma an older Phazer that had fallen off a trailer and is beyond repair but runs great, I transplanted the engine but the wiring plugs are different and wont plug in. I dont want to go to the trouble of changing the stator out if possible and of course the wire colors are different between the years! The donor sled was a late 80 ish sled, anybody else out there done the same? if so I could use some help!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
since your dealing with 2 entirely different ignition systems, your short cut approach may very well bite you at a later date.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i did the exact same thing !! i got a excellent shape phazer II long track w/ a blown engine . i had two other older phazers that were in terrible shape given to me , one with
125 psi per hole so i knew the engine was good . so what i did was , cut off the the ends of the wiring loom on the newer engine and put them on the older engine , if i remember right the colors of the wires were same , from one to another , BE SURE TO USE SOME DIELECTRIC GREASE, in your connectors , or even better solder them if you can . so just to make it clear , i got rid of the round bullet connectors and used the weather pack type connectors, splice the wires on the engine , not on the sled ! everything else crossed over in my swap job :)
what a fun ride it is !!

·
Registered
315 Posts
if you cant figure it out i will take some pictures and post them if you need me to .
seems like there was maybe one wire that was not the same color but it was obvious
cause it was the only one that didnt have a match with the old wires . my memory tells
me that it ended up being a yellow w/a black tracer, ended up going to a solid black .
i MAY be wrong on that, but thats what i am recalling . (been over a year ago)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts