Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Yamaha vmax 500 (136 converted), 1999 Yamaha Vector, 1999 Yamaha Phazer, 2007 Yamaha Phazer FX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just finished building a phazer mtn lite that I bought earlier this year. She’s running fantastic, but I think she’s a little doggy lower range. I’ve only tried her in the stand, here in Maine we’ve got no snow, so I haven’t been able to get after it, but when I open her up she kinda dogs, then gets right up there. I want to push a little more power to her anyways, so what are some thoughts? I was thinking jetting for sea level ish altitude, boysen reeds, high comp pistons, and a DG pipe. The pipe is already on, but I don’t think she’s jetted or anything. What should I pick up for jets for just a DG pipe and boysen reeds, and what should I run with the pipe, reeds, and high comps wiseco’s. I’ve heard a lot of people talk about 147.5 main, but I don’t hear much talk about pilots or with my setup. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
? Why a DG pipe? Those really are the lowest of the low. Not too mention the DNR in your area and Decibel limits. But as far as jetting you need to contact DG if you really want to use that pipe. I would do what KC does use a OEM pipe and do the mod. He can tell you how to do it and jet it as he has done it on those Phazers and tbh you won't attract the DNR that way either.

·
Registered
1999 Yamaha vmax 500 (136 converted), 1999 Yamaha Vector, 1999 Yamaha Phazer, 2007 Yamaha Phazer FX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the DG pipe was given to me by a friend and I just figured I’d run it because I’ve run them in the past on other phazers and they’ve been fine, but I never tried jetting with one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts