Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem with my new/old Phazer: The TSS pivot shafts were rusted tight. I used penetrating oil and got them to all spin free in both parts, but yet can not get them out of the bores. Am I overlooking something? I tried pounding them out, even while turning them, but they don't budge. Does not make sense to me. If they spin I would think they would move. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
there are full length collars inside those scissors. the bolt is stuck to the inside of the collar and the bolt and collar are rotating as one. its a pain in the butt to get these out.

pb blast and heat may free them up. ive never had that good of luck. i always ended up removing the scissors and steering knuckle from the shock and using the press on them. you will need new bolts when your done.

i am guessing you havent tried to remove the skis yet? you will have the same issue with the bolts and collars there as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense, thanks. Skiis came off ok but of course the bushings are frozen tight in the knuckle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts