Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help figuring out what is next for my phazer. I just replaced the pistons, rings and gaskets because one of the pistons melted. Went to start it for the first time in a couple years since it sat with a bad motor. Drained and replaced gas and oil, cleaned carbs, new gas and oil lines. The thing is bogging like crazy and will barely launch and when it does it will go like 20km/h!!! I don't know much about adjusting the carbs and choke assembly but any help with what could be the problem is much appreciated. Would love to get this thing out this weekend!! Thanks in advance.:dunno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a dozen of them sleds they are nice when working tip top but adjust you fuel air screw to the spec make sure your carb with the bigger jet is on the starter side that's a big one and last and most important go get a new coil I'm 99 percent sure that's the problem its a site sign when it's boggy and not going fast and I bet it sounds bad to right and that's why u melted a piston it happen to me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if maybe it was somthing to do with the coil. Its getting good spark when i pull the plugs out and test it but maybe not when under load

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I thought the same as well when I pulled my plugs it looked fine when testing but when it was warm or under stress it wouldnt work right so I tried my buddies coil and then she worked fine after that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts