Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy was telling me yesterday about a perc reverse system for your sled that is aftermarket do they offere this for arctic cat like a 03 f7?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think thats what he calded it its an aftermarket system similar to what skidoo uses that durns the motor in reverse to go backwards

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts
PERC = Polaris Electronic Reverse Control. I have not seen or heard of any companies making after-market. Skidoo and Polaris had it stock for years, AC finally got on the bandwagon this year. Skidoo came out first with the patent. You would need the ECU, a flywheel with the correct timing, a secondary that will work in reverse, an oil pump that will work in reverse, a recoil that won't self-destruct if the rope is pulled (even a little) while the sled is in reverse, and a button to engage the system. Polaris started their PERC about 03 and you can retro some of the pre-03 sleds with the items I mentioned. I don't see how you would fit it onto a Cat.

There may be other companies offering some version of electronic reverse, I have not seen any...

·
Registered
26,194 Posts
I believe Yamaha had it 30+ years ago! On there golf carts, EZGo too?
And I don't think an aftermarket could possibly be able to do that! The Cdi and stator alone wouldn't be afordable, and then the clutching?

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts
I have seen the same kind of thing on an old 2-stroke outboard too. It was mechanical and you had to shut the engine down to put the motor in reverse, then restart it with the rope in the opposite direction. I thought that was pretty cool, but not near as cool as watching your snowmobile engine stall, then start spinning backward!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wonder how hard it would be to get the electronic control system from a stock new cat and hook it up to an 03 shouldnt you just be able to hook it up and reprograme the computer? as for the oil pump pull the mechanical one and put in a electric one that spins whichever way the motor is turning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts