Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used on of these seats

J R Graham Powersports

I wanted to buy one for my daughter to ride with us. She weights 40lbs. I'm curious about the strength of his product. Is it similar to the seats that are attacked to the ATV rear racks.. Thanks..

It going on an 05 Polaris 550 super sport.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Has anyone ever used on of these seats

J R Graham Powersports

I wanted to buy one for my daughter to ride with us. She weights 40lbs. I'm curious about the strength of his product. Is it similar to the seats that are attacked to the ATV rear racks.. Thanks..

It going on an 05 Polaris 550 super sport.
Having a two up, I can tell you the passenger gets tossed around while trail riding. If it's a flat trail, no problem. Introduce some bumps at a 40 mph, it's a whole different story.

I'd be concerned with your daughter’s strength to hold on more than I would be concerned with the seat staying connected to the sled.

If you're going to just put around, it should be fine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you decide to do it, don't count on those quick releases to hold your child, put a screw and washer through the strap to secure it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info..She's getting to big to put in front of us and still have a safe ride. Has going the seat route till next year and upgrade my wife to a touring sled.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
My aunt was riding with my cousin, about the same size. she was sitting in front, and on a turn, the throttle lever his my cousins leg. The snowmobile ended up wrapped around a tree. It is wise to put a 2-up seat, but like kikkinurazz3 said, screw it into the tunnel with bolts and washers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts