Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a bit of an oddity, a SunL ( Chinese made ) Super Snow Fox, a little 80cc four stroke mini sled, a lot like a Yamaha Sno Scoot. Plastic is like new, seat is perfect, throttle and brake cables are shot and will be replaced. The big problem is the track, it's a real oddball, its a double chain set up, sprocket drive, that has metal tabs welded on every 3rd set of links, these are mounting spots for rubber coated metal plates that overlap, so as it rotates, it has the edges pointing back for traction. Bad news, it was sitting for a few years after being rode hard, and the chain is rusted pretty good, and several tabs are broken off, along with several of the rubber plates being missing. I have looked around on the internet, but have not found a parts source for this little sled, want to fix it up for a Christmas present for my 4 year old grand daughter. Any help or advice on what to do for parts would be greatly appreciated. I am even toying with the idea of finding a low paddle old track and cutting a strip to fit the drive chain, and drill holes for the tabs to mount it to. Please help me if you can !!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hope this helps! this first link is to motopartsmax.com they are a sunl dealer though they do not list the snow fox you may want to give them a call as they may be able to get the parts. The second link is to a site that lists a contact for the manufacturer of the snow fox it gives an email address so you should be able to contact them to find out who sells parts for these machines.

SUNL ATV Parts|SUNL ATV Engine Parts|SUNL Four Wheeler Engine Parts

Snow Fox Motorcycle(Zhejiang Yongkang Xihua Taifeng Co., Ltd.),China Supplier,Exporter,China

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the kind of stuff I was looking for, I actually did some measuring and brainstorming, and came up with this: SunL ATV and scooter parts are pretty much identical, I found a thumb throttle and cable set up on ebay for a SunL ATV, about 15 bucks for both delivered, since its a standard handle bar, I'm going to get a kid's bike brake and calbe set up, just need one about 47" long to match up with the factory. This thing even had wheels in the skis that keep the skegs from contacting any hard surface, they turned out to be roller blade wheels, so just need new bearings for them, one of the rear bogey wheels is broken, just cheap plastic with a bushing, thinking of findind a 4.5 inch bogey from an old sled, and replace them all, much beefier. If I can get the rusty chain all freed up, I may try to cut a strip from an old sled track and fab it up. This little bugger is pretty neat, rear suspension like a dirt bike, leaf spring front skis, pull start 2.8 hp motor, and double wide foot pegs, I may end up making a small floor board for each side for safer surface for little feet. Got it started up and running, gas line from tank leaks, so had to pull that for a new hose, but seems to run nice, and it has a one piece scooter type exhaust, and is pretty quiet. It has a cent. clutch chain drive to the main shaft that turns the track, so there is room for playing with springs and weights for extra zip if needed....lol. I hope I can get it all together for Christmas, it will be a perfect gift. I already have a few friends with little kids that are begging me to sell to them, but my little grand baby comes first !! Thanks for the help, and anyone else with any info, feel free to post away !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a bit of an oddity, a SunL ( Chinese made ) Super Snow Fox, a little 80cc four stroke mini sled, a lot like a Yamaha Sno Scoot. Plastic is like new, seat is perfect, throttle and brake cables are shot and will be replaced. The big problem is the track, it's a real oddball, its a double chain set up, sprocket drive, that has metal tabs welded on every 3rd set of links, these are mounting spots for rubber coated metal plates that overlap, so as it rotates, it has the edges pointing back for traction. Bad news, it was sitting for a few years after being rode hard, and the chain is rusted pretty good, and several tabs are broken off, along with several of the rubber plates being missing. I have looked around on the internet, but have not found a parts source for this little sled, want to fix it up for a Christmas present for my 4 year old grand daughter. Any help or advice on what to do for parts would be greatly appreciated. I am even toying with the idea of finding a low paddle old track and cutting a strip to fit the drive chain, and drill holes for the tabs to mount it to. Please help me if you can !!
Did the same thing myself. just picked one of these up at an auction runs great. Track and chain ruff though, What did you do or find to fix this problem . John Escobar

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the same thing myself. just picked one of these up at an auction runs great. Track and chain ruff though, What did you do or find to fix this problem . John Escobar
How did you make out with that snowfox Restoman? Did you get it going? I just got one of these also. but it really dont want to move in the snow and only got like 2inches. Any Help?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts