Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see service manuals, but i need a parts breakdown for rear suspension 92 indy 500 efi.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Click on the link below for service manuals, Click on Polaris then go to 1985-1995 and that will be your service manual, that will help you in the long run.

Also Polaris Browse works for part numbers to help you search, plus it breaks them down individually which I think is what you are after.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I was already in the service manuals, did not locate what I needed. great stuff for sure.

I am looking to find / purchase a solid bar in the rear suspension in the track area, one end by the springs. I do not see it in the parts breakdown for the suspension either. Any idea what it is called?

·
Super Moderator
17,127 Posts
Look at the site Coolhand posted. Look at the "Suspension" link. The shafts are 16, 17, 18 and called "shaft, pivot arm or shaft, rear idler."

I think that's what you are asking for. Good luck, the Polaris diagrams are not very intuitive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bar i need is not shown in that suspension link diagram. It is not 16, 17 or 18. I will get under it for a picture this weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

These are photos of the broken bar I need to locate and get. As others suggested it is a XX suspension. Any help would be appeachiated

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
IF you are talking about those bars and the bars that are encircled together those are springs for your suspension. They don't attach to anything. The top part of it sits on this part from the link below.

You see the blocks in that link as well where the top of the spring sits on it, the bottom sits next to the rails.

Kimpex Part # for the left is 04-384-01, Right part # is 04-384 you can get them cheaper on eBay or amazon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IF you are talking about those bars and the bars that are encircled together those are springs for your suspension. They don't attach to anything. The top part of it sits on this part from the link below.

You see the blocks in that link as well where the top of the spring sits on it, the bottom sits next to the rails.

Kimpex Part # for the left is 04-384-01, Right part # is 04-384 you can get them cheaper on eBay or amazon

Between the two springs there is a remnant of a bar misding the middle highlighted in the bottom two photos, that is what I have concerns with

·
Super Moderator
1,812 Posts
At any rate get the skid out and then look at it.
Plan on going to the swap meets and pick up a Xtra10 complete with Fox shocks and put it in!

·
Registered
174 Posts
It looks like that bar he is showing is what is left of the shock. In looking at the E Bay photo, that is what it looks like to me.

I agree with Cool Hand and KC. Time to pull the skid and see what you need. It may be easier to just get a used skid to put back in. That skid is a rusty mess. It also looks like the one cross shaft is worn out in the last photo. It is not sitting centered on the washer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What would be "the skid"? Where to start to remove it?
That is what we call the whole rear suspension. You would loosen up the track at the rear wheels. Then remove the 4 bolts in the side of the tunnel that hold the suspension in the tunnel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what we call the whole rear suspension. You would loosen up the track at the rear wheels. Then remove the 4 bolts in the side of the tunnel that hold the suspension in the tunnel.
It is out, got a guy texting claims to have what I need... Craigslist

1 - 16 of 16 Posts