Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First timer, bear with me. Got a 92 Pantera 440 LC. It seems to severly flood one cylinder if left to idle when friends on their bomb-adiers are stuck in the path. Then it won't pull itself out of it.

I have completely disassembled both carbs, set and reset everything in there. Local dealer has excellent tech who'll photo copy info for me. After all this seems a little better, but still got too much washout on right side cylinder.

I've disassembled both clutches, cleaned and lubricated where necessary. Primary clutch Green/Yellow spring engaging @4G. Seems boggy of the start. Reduced tension on rear BLUE spring, a little better. Initially this thing wouldn't spin track on hockey rink.

I know it'll never be a King Cat. Just trying to get it at peak performance.

Seems like at idle, maybe not enough air for that cylinder, have tweaked air screws and are now out 1 1/4 turns.

I've read some conflicting articles on the web with respect to heat ranges. What are opinions of droppin to a BR8ES for hotter plug tip to burn of the excess fuel/oil????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn choke cables. Turns out that one wasn't returning plunger to fully seated position.

Fix, install primer.

While putting in primer, removed airbox, noticed that inlet was wide open, just hard plastic screen there. Then found piece of black foam wedged in footrest next to it. Am I correct to assume this foam should cover the inlet as it does on may Polaris' and Ski-doo's even though it isn't shown in the parts listings @brownsliesure...

I zipped tied it in place anyhow, hoping will help with intermittent throttle sticking in deep powder.

Any comments welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts