Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully you guys respond. I asked a couple of questions before and got no response.

I am very new to this sport, this year will be my first owning sleds. I took my Pantera up to my camp last week. It ended up over heating. I let it warm up for about 20 minutes maybe longer and then took the kids for a little ride around for about 30 to 40 minutes. Then the lights came on and all. I was told that i let it warm up to long and just putting around with the snow pretty well packed didnt get enough snow on the heat exchangers. Could someone please throw out a comment or two. I am going up for New Years Eve and hope to put some miles on it along with the other sleds. I just want to know if i can confidently ride this rig. Thank you very much in advance.

Keith

·
Registered
77 Posts
You definately let it warm up too long.(If the heat exchangers are under the running boards) you only need to let it warm up until snow will melt on the running board.When you start up your sled just put a bit of snow on each running board and when it melts you are safe to ride off.Take it easy for the first few miles but don't putt around. You need to drive fast enough for the snow to keep your heat exchangers cooled down.Just take it for a good ride and keep an eye on the temp light/hand to see how things are going.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
definetely too long, liquids only take a couple minutes to warm up. like polaris man said, jsut give it a couple mins to get pumpin and then go ride, the snow from the thing moving will keep the exchangers cooled and you will be fine, thats why theyre built like that :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. I just wanted some confirmation being so new to this. I really appreciate the timely response.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts