Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran a p85 clutch on their skidoo sled. What are the pros and cons of this clutch on a skidoo? And if you run this clutch do you also have to run a polaris secondary? Also I am running a set of pipe temp probes what is the max temp that I should watch for, I know one side does run hotter than the other. which side is mag which side is pto,which side is pto. Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
17,859 Posts
I have seen some P85's on big HP skidoo sleds, the guys ran them because they are a pretty strong clutch. I have no idea about setup. Max temp for your EGTs should be 1250-1300, depending on probe placement. PTO refers to the side with the power take off (clutch). MAG refers to the side with the magneto (recoil starter side). Depending on the temp difference (check plug color and piston wash) you may have to jet the side that is hotter with a step larger main jet. That's pretty common.

·
Super Moderator
17,859 Posts
The manufacturer of the egt will have recommendations to probe placement. If the probes are placed correctly, 1250 should be safe. I would use spark plug color and piston wash to ensure the air/fuel mix is safe, then read what your gauge is saying. Once you have the sled jetted to where you want it and know what that temp is, then if you have unusual temps, you know you have a problem. Use EGT's as a way to monitor your engine, not as a tuning guide. Do the tuning first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts