Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a 93 indy 500 long track. the kid a bought it off of had had lost the ownership for it but did give me a bill of sale. Is there a way that I can get ownership on it? Thanks

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
contact a dealer? with a vin number you should be able to get it

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
dealership won't help you, as its probably changed hands quite a few times!

Contact your licensing officials first... At least in the states, the DMV's are the ones to talk to. If the bill of sale isn't in the same name as what the current title shows up to, you will have a problem as there is no way to verify the sled was actually sold by the titled owner and not stolen.

the absolute easiest would be to give the kid you bought it from $20/$50/$100 to get a copy of the title...

(i'm personally going through this with a sled right now, had I known I wouldn't have gotten a title with it, I would have never gotten close to the sled, its been a pain!)

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok this in is ontario, I was told to take the bill of sale to the mto with the vin and as long as the sled is clean (not stolen) its fine.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
i know in illinois all u need is a bill of sale to gain registration as long as sled and motor arent stolen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts