Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just took out my Polaris 700 Touring on the lake yesterday. First I drove the sled at about 50 km/h and then I hit the throttle and was going 110 km/h at about 6500 rpm. Right when I hit the 100 Km/h mark, the "temp" light started flashing. I stopped, waited, started the engine and the light was off. When I hit the throttle hard agian the light went on. The interesting thing that I noticed is that when it the light comes on, if you shut the engine off and start it back up, the light goes out.

The lake had some snow drifts, I think it was a sufficient amount for cooling. I even felt the cylinder, it did not feel very hot. Does anyone know why it might be doing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the coolant level was normal, it does not do this when you drive at slower speeds...

·
Registered
192 Posts
This happened to me.I bought a new 2005 Super Sport 550 fan and had the tach option added.The temp light was in the tach every time I get to high rpms the temp light would start to glow,came to find out it was the wrong tach for my machine.It was an actual error in the polaris dealers parts microfiche, as this was an addition not factory.Although the tach worked great.they also said fans do not have temp sensor (if you have fan also)

The real give away to this was the added tach had the facial for my reverse light but no bulb in the back to illuminte it,just a rubber plug

Hope this helps let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's probably possible with a fan-cooled sled, but I have a 700 Touring. The engine is a 700 Liberty twin, Liquid cooled. This is pretty wierd because if you were to drive constantly at a fast speed, it would come on, but if you hit the throttle up to 8000 rpm, it would'nt light up. If it lights up it just blinks and all it takes is to shut off the engine and start it back up and it goes away, I guess the system resets. If it was overheating then the light would still blink after I started the engine back up. The dealer said the guage was fine so I'm still confused about this...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts