Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the belts in the Rev chasis overheat due to the covering... someone told me I should remove the covering so the belt stays cool... I asked someone else and they said leave it or you will get snow in with the clutching and the belt will slip, that's why the covering is there... anyone have any thought on this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have not heard of any belt overheating issues. Although the season is just starting. My suggestion is to leave th guard on until you hear differently from Ski-doo. The new TRAIII is suppose to run cooler than the old TRA clutch. All snowmobile manufacturers recomend a break in period for all new belts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 2003 rev 800 put 3500 miles on the orginal belt, and then traded it in on an 2004. My 2000 mxz 700 would only get about 1000 miles out of a belt. I would definetly keep the guard on. If you do burn up a belt I would have your clutches re aligned or at least looked at.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys... I have been running it with it on and it seems to be fine... although I have only 160 miles on this year so far... I can't wait though... another 50 minutes of riding and the timing will be advanced... I hope there is a noticeable difference in performance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
advanced timing

Daner, You mentioned in another 50 min. your timing will advance.
I have a new 04 mxz 600HO SDI. :cool: Will this engine do the samething and how long does it take ?? :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, after 10 hours the timing advances... last years models was 6 hours but they changed it. People say it is a noticeable change, more torque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts