Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just starting to get into sleds, I have been looking around for a little while. I found a 97 MXZ 583 that caught my eye. What are everybodies opinions on this sled? Power.. jumping...trail... racing? How is the engine in general?

Just looking for a little bit of feed back.

Also what would be a reasonable price for one? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i own a 96 sls
and a 2000 for z 700
both rock solid..
their solid engines however alot depends on how the previous owner treated them...
stay away from the skidoo triples...my friend has had nothing but problems...noghting big but enough to end a day ride eary
hope this helps

sled len in winnipeg

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just bought a 97 583 mxz. It was around $1,700. I don't know much about them myself so I hope I love it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
IF WELL MAINTAINED PRETTY MUCK BULLETPROOF, GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
mine seems to be good in all those areas it was named sled of the year in 1996

·
Registered
275 Posts
True on the triple. You can tell a big difference in power from a twin to a triple though. But when it comes to repair thers alot of difference too. Except from my track wrecking the back half i had been fortunate so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have had 2 MXZ's from 1997. i cant say enough about them. bought brand new and tinkered a little with clutching and gearing, one of the best sleds i have ever owned, not to mention one of the best looking sleds on the trails today even. i will always have a place for the 97 MXZ in my garage. when the ZX chassis came out in 99, the 97 would still run with the 600. great running sleds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts