Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a 97' formula Z. It looks really good, but there are 6200 miles. He wants $1,300 for it. Good or bad deal?? Also, what problems should I look for on that sled with so many miles and a 97'. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those came with both the 670 and 583, didn't they? From what I've heard those are both great engines. I've heard more about the 583 than the 670, and I've heard nothing but good things about that. You came to the right place to ask that question, the people here have always helped me out! That sounds like a good deal, but it all depends on how the individual machine runs and performs. Find out if the owner has had any work done on it, also run a compression test. Check the skags and ski bottoms to see if it has been run in harsh conditions, check the condition of the track, tunnel, etc. You can also check the dipstick on the crankcase, I've been told that a little metal shaving on the magnet is normal, but their shouldn't be excessive amounts. This is just my opinion, if someone else wants to add something, or strictly tell me I'm full of it. Go ahead, I bow to the sledgods in the forums!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts