Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im curious, I have a 97 zr580 efi a guy wants to trade for 96 thundercat 900, never been a huge fan of the triples, but Im considering the offer, what are everyones opinions? pros and cons?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that thought is crossing my mind as well, he says he just wants smaller

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
just check it over real good if you do, remember, you can always say no!

I was just offered a trade on the 92 rxl with a 98 skidoo mach 1. Checked the guys sled out, he felt sure I was going to say yes, i could tell he wanted my sled, but it wasn't worth it! the sled had lots of problems, the guy 'apparently' didn't know about them. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not, but I walked away. no harm in checking it out at least!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is mint, the one he has looks real good, everything looks clean, how are these 900 triples for trail riding? do they foul plugs and bog out?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here's my thought. From looking at your sleds it looks like you have a couple of ZR because I'm assuming you like the way they handle and you can pound through trails as fast as you want and those ZR's rail right through them. Just knowning that and the fact you said you've never been a huge fan of the triples makes me think you wouldn't be happy. Your talking about going from one of the best handling sleds ever, to a heavy beast thats insanely fast in a straight line. If he was asking to trade you for your 96, I'd do it in a heart beat because you would have the best of both worlds. One to take out when you want to pound the trails and one for when you want to be the first down the open corridors and across the lakes.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
If you were to do it, the best thing would be to do a suspension upgrade (97 and newer skid, TSL) and the AGLT front end mod. This would make that 900 a really beautiful trail sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts