Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion regarding adding wheel kits to a 163" skid frame? I had an 03 151 RMK that came stock with wheels on the skid, that worked very well for the type of riding I do. Now before you ask I am a flat lander! But most of my riding is out west, occasionally I will take a small spin around the home front, but I'm fairly conservative regarding low conditions. Before anyone suggests have two sleds... I would need another job! And that would leave no time for riding! Thanks for your opinions.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
My 700 RMK 155" has the wheels deleted, I have to run scratchers any time I'm on a trail. Hyfax life stinks. Less than 1000 miles and I need to think about replacing them. I'm off the trails a lot, but the hyfax life still stinks. My 08 has wheels, is also a 155" and has almost 2000 miles on the same hyfax and that sled will go another 2 before needing hyfax replaced. My next addition to the 700 is going to be a wheel kit. The extra 5 or so lbs. just doesn't mean that much to me. I would rather save my scratchers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
definately go with the wheels , you will never ever notice the weight and as the other post says your hi fax will last much longer, when I removed the wheels from my 09 doo to save a couple pounds it just smoked the hi fax in 300 miles and never felt a ounce lighter.dealers have deleted them to win the weight war and reduce production costs IMHO GOOD LUCK:laugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Feedback!

Thanks guys. I have since ridden the sled about thirty miles, and even though I thought there was sufficient snow I could see/feel the hifax heating up. Looks like a wheel kit is coming my way. The added weight means nothing to me. If I wanted to save weight I could give up a cheeseburger or two!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wheel Kits

Where you guys getting your kits from. I have a 163 track that is nuking my hyfax. Love to make them last longer. Low cost is a key issue for me but not more of an issue than durability. Weight is no issue. I only way 135 after dinner

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few six wheel kits still available

Polaris still lists a 6 wheel kit (all brackets and hardware included) for about $99.00, it is Pn 2876673 but it is a discontinued part number. There are still a few kits out there so I would start looking. Polaris now lists Pn 2878251 as the replacement number for about $39.00 but it only includes 2 wheels with all brackets and hardware. I got mine (six wheel kit) from Golden Spike Equipment Co. Tremonton, Ut. They had the best price and were very friendly. Good Luck.

·
sledhead for life
570 Posts
I just put a couple new bogie wheels on my dragon today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.