Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all of my sleds I run Polaris injector oil; not cheap at $8.00/bottle. While my buddy and his family insist on using the cheap Quaker State oil at $2.00/bottle. This is the stuff you mix with gas and use in your weed-wacker. I tell him he's going to ruin his sled with it but he doesnt believe me; that stuff gets way too thick in the cold. Anyway, what do you guys think of using this cheap oil in sleds?

Thanks
Andy

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
I think by what I know so far, that the more you pay for something, the better it is.I dont use Polaris oil in mine but I use super snowmobile oil by Castrol. (26$ a gallon). I had some cheap "sonic" 2 stroke oil in my gas once, the sled would not even idle..backfired and bogged out. Maybe it was caused by something else, but after I emptyed gas tank and lines,cleaned the carbs and refill with clean gas without that horrible oil, the motor was runnin back to normal again.(castrol oil in injection reservoir).

That oil was so cheap that it was'nt even blue, it was almost black.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
In my Yamaha, I run yamalube 2-stroke oil, #1 because the manual tells me to, #2 I bought a Yamaha that didn't run worth a crap. Smoked, back fired, and was real doggie. Put the Yamalube in and runs like a champ. They were using cheaper stuff, Speedway brand. $1.50/quart

Good oils run around $25/Gal

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
We're going to run Polaris VES Gold Full syn $40/gal in our 07 CFI, but that's what it's ran it's whole life and have had no problems thus far and we'd like to keep it that way. On our old sleds we ran Arctic Blue from Fleet Farm and it ran good and we had no oil related problems. $17/gal or so (I don't quite remember).

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is my second season with Blue Marble. I have three Phazers. Good stuff no issues. I think everyone has a favorite. But I do agree with the age old saying "you get what you pay for". Cheap Oil, cheap performance. Blue marble is $35.00 a gal., again happy at this point. Also run it in ATV.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Where do you get Blue Marble for $35 a gal? I just payed almost $50!
For a non Power Valve motor I used to use the Sprint oil, but even that got to be $20 a gal. So I use Fowlers Extreem at a list of $24, and the Amzoil In the others!
One thing about the Marble and other syn oil, you can turn the oil pump way down with them, and use less!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts