Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought a used 2013 Polaris 600 Indy from a good friend just recently. I was wondering if it's worth to get insurance on it even though it's not a new sled. Do you have any advice for this? Also, which insurance provider should I use? TD has been well reviewed in other forums as well, but I read that you can get multiple quotes to compare on this website.

·
Registered
1995 Polaris XLT Touring
545 Posts
I'm with TD for home, car and life insurance so I just added my sled to my auto policy. Since mine is only worth a couple grand the policy was about $10 a month for full coverage - liability, theft and collision. It's legally required to have registration, trail pass and insurance if you're using the trail system here but I've only ever seen them check regi and pass.

Small price to pay if anything ever happens. I think technically my auto policy includes towing so in theory if I broke down and could get it to a road they would probably get it on a flat bed for me to get home.

Td is pretty good but calling through to them in a non emergency can take a while.

·
Super Moderator
18,302 Posts
I agree with the above. I used to not have insurance, then had a fire in my 4 place enclosed snowmobile trailer and burned up four RMKs (one that I had just rebuilt the engine on... new crank, cases decked and line bored, balanced clutch, the works.) My sleds are insured now. ;) Thing is, I had asked my insurance about insuring the trailer when I bought it, the agent told me it would be insured if I was pulling it by my truck insurance and insured parked at my home by my household insurance. Neither of those statements was correct.

I changed to State Farm and have been very pleased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts