Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Josh McCormick
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1974 massey ferguson ski whiz that i am fixing up. . It runs, but when i would take off it would bog way down. if i pulled the choke right away it would keep going for just a little bit longer.....if i get it out in the field it would keep going, but i almost have to keep in wide open or it will bog down on me, and sometimes even when i have it wide open it will bog down on me, I dont know if the carb just needs to be adjusted, any ideas whats wrong?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Could be many things, but the carb is probably the best place to start. The fuel pump in that old Tillotson could be weak, the carb could probably do with a good cleaning. Here's a link to a JLO Service manual.

http://www.vintagesnow.com/Engine_manuals_files/JLO Service Manual.pdf

Carb setting starts on page 4. Depending on the model of 1974 Ski Whiz you have , it will have one of the following engines in it. L295 ; LR340; LR399 or LR440

·
Josh McCormick
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm planning on cleaning out the carbs first thing in the morning, that service manual will help alot!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good luck, hope things go well. I love the look of those old Ski Whiz. Post a few pics of it when you get her done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts