Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a 1994 V-Max 500. I put a set of Bender Racing Pipes on it and changed my jets to compensate for them. Ever since i did this my engine has never been the same. I got more power but it only lasts for 2 minutes. Every time i open the garage door and drive 100 feet, one of my cylinders cuts out, and i have to putt back to the garage and change the plugs and then the whole process repeats over again. It seems i got a "Short" or something in my electrical killing the plug. Its seems to alternate which plug it kills too. But i checked compression and it is not even registering in the one cylinder and low in the other, but its seems to run great in the garage until i take it out and go above about 6000 rpm..... So WTF, compression or ignition??? I have no clue and fought with it all winter last year and am getting sick of it. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
if your getting no compression on the reading you've got probs. motor rebuild time.

This is the number one reason i never mess with aftermarket pipes. You sled is guaranteed to blow up 45x faster with pipes.

Guaranteed.

Rip them off, go back stock, forget about the 10 horsepower you will lose and have a reliable machine again.

compression tests dont lie. be sure to give it 5 or 6 good pulls with the throttle wide open for an accurate reading.

·
Registered
482 Posts
as Gerard said,
Also while your there make sure you have the crank checked
(bearings, piston rods) and change the crank seals. sucks if you have a bad crank seal and blow a new motor because it LEANS out on a cylinder, seals are cheap motor rebuilds are not.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
HMMM I DON'T PIPE,DON'T CLUTCH,DON'T STUD ALL I DO IS RIDE,RIDE,RIDE,SERVICE,RIDE,RIDE,RIDE YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.:p :p :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts