Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
80E-0001649
thats the numbers on the motor
looking for info on the sled, motor size and a wiring diagram so i can get this thing wired up.

any help is appreciated thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok diggin through my stockpile of misc parts that came with this poor girl.
Has anyone swapped a 2barrel carb off and used a single unit? The motor came with the 2barrel as the intake manifold is still on but I've got this handy single manifold and am wondering if one is possibly better then the other.

will see if I can get pics up of said piece to help with the visual process.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
the motor number comes up as a 1985 enticer 340 long track.

funny part is i thought all the 340's were single carb.

i would be curious to see some pictures. sounds like someone did some interesting stuff at one time. maybe you got yourself a hot rod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol lets hope so. the hood has a decal on it that states enticer II but when I went looking at the link for the manuals all it showed was the 92 - 95 enticer II with a 410 motor. I haven't gotten the original motor over to my place yet.

I'm pretty sure the original was an 83Y serial but the 3 is a mystery. Just kind of what I could make out on it. Ill see if I can get those pics up here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok here's some pics.
motor, single carb and then some of the dual carb.
The dual carb has a cord comming from the brass plate that has a flip switch which I'm guessing is the choke? I've bent the flip switch over so you can see it in the last pic.
anyone know where on these motors they have the CC stamped? or when they get this small it doesn't matter to the manufacturers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright well the B would make sense since the bottom part of the curve was all I could really see. Good to know... I've got a 94 enticer II with a siezed 410 motor and a fully rebuilt 340 to go in.

I'm gunna take a wild stab at the idea that the 410 was the same block casting and just an overbore cause the other motor looks exactly the same size.

Anyone got some great ideas on getting this puppy to run all out? I've got an RHB6 turbo I could throw on but I'm still researching on how to get that to work properly without burning up the top end.

thx for your help in figuring this thing out.. cant wait to get it up and running full time. Not much to do up here in -30 to -40 weather.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
after you remove all the plastic from around the base of the cylinders, the cc's will be cast into the base of the cylinders on the clutch side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup just as you said... 337cc
well I'll go have a look at the other motor tomorrow. Payday is tomorrow so hopefully I can just drop this thing off at the local shop and he can get it up and running for a nominal fee. if I could get it all done up within 4-500 buxs I'd be pretty satisfied to be on a sled for under a grand.

·
Registered
172 Posts
As you suspect the OD on the jugs are the same and holes even line up. I put a 340 top end on my old 400 enticer which is the same motor as the 410 Enticer 11(408cc). 340 pistons and wrist pins work but you have to use the 410 needle bearings. The rods are a bit beefier and the top hole is bigger. ID of 400 needle bearing is the same as 340 but the OD is bigger so I just used the 400 needle bearings and they fit perfect. .

The single carb in your pic looks like its from an older enticer. 83 and up have a round bowl and different guts, I would get one of them if your motor is an 85.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,149 Posts
This thread is over 2 years old. The OP hasn't been active for a year....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts