Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am new to the modding of sleds but i really want to get into it. So if this questin is just retarted forgive me. I been hearing alot about clutching and what not. Would it be worth it for me to put a new clutch in my 05 Z440 LX. I want more speed becasue it is only a 440 :mad: but mom paid for everything. So would it be worth it and if so what kind ?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I wouldn't complain, and just ride! Especially since your mom is nice enough to buy you a brand new sled. You should be thankful...

As for a "new" clutch: You normally fiddle with the existing clutch... change weights, springs, helix, etc. There are plenty of folks around here who can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rgoers said:
I wouldn't complain, and just ride! Especially since your mom is nice enough to buy you a brand new sled. You should be thankful...
I AM VERY THANKFULL. I just want a little bit more speed.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
snowandski88 said:
I AM VERY THANKFULL. I just want a little bit more speed.
I understand. I was just putting in a little plug for your mom... You have a pretty cool mom! Mine did all she could to keep me OFF motorized vehicles.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL my parents are both into riding sleds and jetskis and had no problem when i wanted in.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My mom thought I would always get hurt...

Maybe she was just getting even for the time my brothers and I got her to ride our mini bike. We finally convinced her to try it, but we accidentally forgot to tell her where the brake lever was... She got it moving, but couldn't stop. She ended up driving it into the pond in our side yard! :D

She never cared much for motorized "toys" after that event...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts