Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of in a bind, hopefully someone can help. Going riding early tomorrow and need some injection oil. Didn't have a chance to go today and leaving in the morning before the dealer opens and going to an area where there is no Cat dealer. Anyone have any recommendations on any other brand of injection oil to use that can be purchased somewhere besides an AC dealer? Friend of mine rides a Ski-doo and has some factory Doo oil, would it harm my machine to pour some of that in there? I have a zr600efi. Thanks for the help.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
just make sure the oil is TC-W3 certified (I think that's it)
and that it can be used with your injection ratio (probably 50:1)

I use POS oil (don't blame me, blame my Dad) and it works fine...just smokes a lot :(

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just about any synthetic SHOULD work. I currently use klotz but plan to swithch back to amsoil soon. Klotz is too expensive for my blood. Any tcw-3 certified oil should do. I cant believe you will have any problem with the doo oil though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It does call for 50:1, so hopefully I can scare some up at the local Wal-Mart or autoparts store.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If your machine is equiped with the apv system please use an oil suitable for a powervalve engine(apv,ipone,etc.), unless you're gonna clean your valves as soon as you get back...trust me you'll need to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts