Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always heard that it all comes form the same barrel and that paying the extra for name brand stuff is a waste. I always used injex and have had no problems. Yesterday i picked up some new stuff that i found. Called arctic blue. Says it meets and exceeds approval from major sled manufactures. Any body have any comments on this stuff and what they use. I hate paying so much for oil, if it is the same. THis company makes both reg. and semi syn stuff. I have a '98 ZR6 w/ carbs.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have used cheaper brands and have found that the machine will not run as good . I like amsoil less smoke and better power just my thought

·
Registered
431 Posts
KLOTZ all the way, I used to run amsoil but it got to be a pain to get. Any tcw-3 oil is worth its weight in gold in my eyes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
OIL

Arctic Blue is crap from Fleet Farm. I would not put that in my kids go kart

·
Registered
482 Posts
Rack another for KLOTZ, MX stay out of it!:p
Just because bottle says,
MEETS AND EXCEEDS APPROVAL FROM MAJOR SLED MANUFACTURES, doesnt mean its any good , just it'll get ya home when ya run out of your brand, when your 100 mls from home and the only thing you can find at the
"DEER STOP GENERAL STORE"

Sure all oil comes over on the same boat,
Its how a company formulates it, that makes it what it is.
for your ZR6 you should want an oil that burns clean and responsive, just like the Hi test your putting in there.
stay away from the cheap stuff, itll cost ya more later when the engine craps out and ya need to rebuild.
been running Klotz in my indy 650 for over 5000 mls, raced with the best and gone to the end of the pistons till there was no more to be had. still have 120 pnds of compression.
thats the differance in oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts