Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there something that would cause the same oil line to fall off...its the small line that runs from the pump to the mag side....oh its a 03 rev 800. Bought melted on one side, rebuilt this summer, ran great for 23 miles before line fell off?? at least thats when it meltied down for me started to take it part found the little line off, bought new jug and pistion agian, bought new oil line put on and zip tied them on from the pump to the engine both ends. did great on warm up, put on 3 miles and agian oil leaking out, and sure enough same little oil line fell off agian even when zip tied......could a clog cause this? any ideas please thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
probably not a clog it is a fairly common problem you need to get away from the zip ties and use a small clamp on all of those lines it will save lots of dollars down the road. The first thing I did on my 03 was remove all the zip ties and clamp the lines on my new doo the lines came with clamps on them so the factory has finally gotten it right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doo dealer did not mention anything about clamps when i bought the new line....are they aftermarket or from skidoo that i can get them?? i am picturing a little spring style the you need a plyers to grab and it releases??? is that the style they are going with now?

·
Registered
794 Posts
yea thats the type of clamps I found and thats what came on my 10 mxz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts