Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a situation and hoping someone can help me out with.
I have a 99 Polaris XC 700 SP and I am in need of a diagram on the oil lines and the fuel lines. Does anyone out there have or know where I could find this.
I beed looking for a while and havent found anything. Help Please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked at both of them and again found nothing between the two.
But thank you any ways for trying to help

·
Administrator
18,864 Posts
Oil lines- One into the oil pump from the tank, 3 out, one to each end of the crankcase and one to the fuel pump.

Fuel- one in to the fuel pump from the tank, one in from the oil pump, one between the crankcase and the diaphragm side of the fuel pump, two out to the carbs.

The engines with the Keihin carbs mixed the oil in the fuel pump, so no oil lines going to the carbs like in a Mikuni (rack or single carb.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Coolhand for trying to help. Much appreciated
BC-Dan Thank you also. That helps I know now that I have one of the hoses hooked up wrong which would be the one that goes from the tank to the pump. I was informed that it goes to the fitting on the center lower fitting at the engine. That explains why i was blowing oil out of the plug holes. This sled was a mess from the start. Why I bought it I dont know. lol What I have into it now I have to finish it off. Its my back up sled so if any of my friends want to go its easier for me to ask and let them ride mine because my friends dont get into sledding.
I know Im going to ask alot of you now but do you think you could draw up a diagram?

·
Administrator
18,864 Posts
First, take a look at the oil pump. There should be one line going in one side, and three (or four, depending) lines going out.

So if it has three, one line goes from the oil pump to the fuel pump. The other two go to the fittings on each end of crankcase to lube the outside crankshaft bearings.

If it has four, two lines go to the crankshaft fittings as above, and the other two go to the carbs where the oil is mixed as the air enters the carb. If that's the case, your carbs (or carb adapters) will have a fitting for the oil line.

So determine which you have, as the 97 & 98 Keihin carbs had no fittings and the oil for them was mixed in the fuel. The Polaris site shows a 4-outlet oil pump for the 99 and up. Either way, a good diagram is available for the 97-98 700 on the Polaris website parts page, a not so good diagram for the 99 (although it is labeled.) Look in the "Engine Mounting" tab

Link to the Polaris site below

·
Administrator
18,864 Posts
And to add... the impulse line (from the crankcase to the fuel pump) should be a hard rubber line, as that line has to accept crankcase pressure when the piston goes down in the cylinder and crankcase vacuum when the piston goes up. The back and forth pressure differences create the impulse that drives the diaphragm in the fuel pump back and forth and that is what pumps the fuel. The pump is three sections with the center section where the fuel is pumped. If you look at the sections, one of the outer sections will have ONLY one fitting. That's for the impulse line. And also look at the pump closely where the other fittings are attached; there may be small arrows > or < to let you know the direction of flow on the pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts